Thursday, September 12, 2013

Edenbrooke

When pondering about my favorite romances (specifically regency romances), I cannot help but immediately think of Julianne Donaldson's Edenbrooke.

Edenbrooke
by Julianne Donaldson
Shadow Mountain Publishing

 
I read Edenbrooke about a year ago, and I can honestly say it's changed by life...in a manner of speaking. Since reading Edenbrooke, I cannot get enough of romance novels!! It really is all I crave lately, but that is not the only way it has changed my life. I have always wanted to write a novel. I love writing and knew it was something that would make me feel... expressed-for lack of a better word. Although I had this desperate desire, I never had a connection with a genre. I never had that story in my mind that had to be put to paper, until Edenbrooke. As soon as I finished this brilliantly written book, I got the itch. I knew this was the answer. I wanted to write regency romance. This is not to say I wanted to rewrite Edenbrooke, but I had a connection with this genre and era I hadn't experienced before. So exciting!
 
So putting aside my personal connection, I have to tell you about this book!! Like I said, I read this book about a year ago. I did not, however, mention that I have read it multiple times since. In fact, I read it again yesterday in preparation for writing this review. I wanted it fresh!!
 
Edenbrooke is nothing short of spectacular. Breathtaking. Maybe even magical. Marianne's story is one that breaks your heart while making it soar. She has lost so much and fears she is unwanted by everyone. Until she visits Edenbrooke. Here she meets handsome, charming, flirtatious Philip. After becoming fast friends with him, she comes to find that the man she now cherishes as her friend is the same man her twin sister has set her sights on marrying. Is what she feels toward Philip really friendship or something more? And can she step aside and let her sister have the man that might be the love of her life?
 
This story has everything you could hope for. Julianne Donaldson truly is a master of regency romances. When you read her tale, you somehow feel like both twirling and crying. Everyone must read this book!
 
PS. My favorite line is on page 229. I can't put it here because it's a spoiler, but you will know it when you read it. What can I say? I am a romantic!
 
Julianne Donaldson has just released her second title, Blackmoore. (Which is just as wonderful!) Review to come!
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment