Thursday, August 15, 2013

Longing for Home

So many books to talk about!! I've been in a romance mood since...well...pretty much since Edenbrooke. I can't get enough! So I have a few favorites I would like to share with y'all. I will be posting about a few different romances over the next few days but first is....

Longing for Home by Sarah Eden



I read this one a week or two ago and was so happy I loved it. I have read Sarah Eden's other books which are regency romances and was nervous about this one because it is set in Wyoming. I even held off reading it for a few weeks after getting a copy because I really didn't want to not like it! But now I can't believe I didn't read it the second I got it!!

Katie Macauley is a woman with a torn past. She feels she has a debt to pay to her family, and she cannot return to her home in Ireland until she has repaid that debt. She takes a job as a housekeeper in Hope Springs, WY but is surprised by what she finds when she gets there. Hope Springs is a town at war with itself. Half the town is Irish and the other half is not. The two sides hate each other, and Katie is caught in the middle! As she makes a home for herself and develops relationships with the people in Hope Springs, she must decide if she should "stay and give her heart a chance at love, or return home and give her soul the possibility of peace."

Such a riveting storyline and enchanting characters! Katie is the perfect mix of delicate lady and tough heroine. And I can't even tell you how much I loved the men in her life! Tavish is the charming, flirtatious Irishman, and Joseph is the wealthy, sensitive father. I love them both! I can't tell you how much I want everyone to read this book...and then come talk to me about it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment